Saturday 17 March 2012

Flat Stanley is off again!

Yes, it's that time of year again - after the holidays my class will begin their 'Weather Around the World' topic, we've been reading Flat Stanley in our Guided Reading sessions, and our very own Stanleys have been coloured, cut out and laminated. 

Their holiday homework was to get them mailed off to a friend or family member with the request that he be shown around where they live, and returned with photos, postcards, etc, to show the class!

I don't know about the children, but I'm super-excited to find out where they all go, and also to have the huge excitement of receiving some parcels from all around the world during next term.  Let's hope he has lots of adventures - but maybe none as traumatic as his visit to Brunei last year...?!


My class with their Stanleys on our non-uniform day last week.

My Stanley is coming on holiday with me now, but then will accompany me back to the UK when I go on my Maternity Leave later this term, from where I can mail him back to ISB. 

Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Hope you, Rob and Stanley have a great time down under.