Saturday 12 February 2011

Chinese New Year - Fun at School

I thought I'd only end up writing one blog-post about Chinese New Year, but the celebrations just go on and on.  Apparently the festival lasts for 15 days! 

As I mentioned in my previous post, we had a great CNY assembly in school.  I finally remembered to e.mail myself some of the photos that I had on my school computer.


All the children (and staff) came dressed in red, or in Chinese costume.  This chap went the extra mile!


Oranges for every class.




Secondary students performing the Lion Dance - they were superb, and very funny!


Secondary students performing a fan dance - again, they were excellent.

I love the special assemblies that we have.  Because the Primary and Secondary schools are on the same site we often have contributions from the older kids which really inspire the younger children.

No comments: