Tuesday 7 December 2010

A Busy Week...

Since I last blogged...

* I've finished my first term teaching here.  So nice to have 4 weeks off - and we're looking forward to our holiday in Thailand in a couple of weeks.  We'll be spending some time in Bangkok, then a few days on Koh Samet.

* We've had a couple of exciting visitors to the house, one by day - on the pondok,


and one on the window by night.



 * We've dragged out the Christmas decorations and filled the house with fairy lights.


* We've decorated the Christmas pot-plant (they don't sell 'real' Christmas trees out here, and we didn't want a fake one).  There's lots of old favourites on the tree...


But the new decorations for 2010 are my mosaic baubles, made by me at our mosaic classes run by Paula.


* We've also had our Loan Service Christmas Ball, this year with a Medieval theme.  It was a superb evening, the Community Centre was brilliantly decorated, and everyone had made such an effort with their costumes.  I adapted an outfit I already had (adding sleeves and a pointy hat) and I made Rob's.

It was a bit of a sad time too as we had to say goodbye to Paula and John.  Saying goodbye to friends and neighbours is an inevitable and all-too-regular part of military life - and this goodbye was tinged with envy that John and Paula are heading back to live in lovely snowy Edinburgh!



They'll be much missed here, but I know they'll enjoy their new life back in Scotland - and I'm sure we'll meet again!

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Love your visitors!
The mosaic baubles are so colourful, a lovely addition to a tree.
You did a great job with the medieval costumes -you both look great.