Since I last blogged...
* I've finished my first term teaching here. So nice to have 4 weeks off - and we're looking forward to our holiday in Thailand in a couple of weeks. We'll be spending some time in Bangkok, then a few days on Koh Samet.
* We've had a couple of exciting visitors to the house, one by day - on the pondok,
and one on the window by night.
* We've dragged out the Christmas decorations and filled the house with fairy lights.
* We've decorated the Christmas pot-plant (they don't sell 'real' Christmas trees out here, and we didn't want a fake one). There's lots of old favourites on the tree...
But the new decorations for 2010 are my mosaic baubles, made by me at our mosaic classes run by Paula.
* We've also had our Loan Service Christmas Ball, this year with a Medieval theme. It was a superb evening, the Community Centre was brilliantly decorated, and everyone had made such an effort with their costumes. I adapted an outfit I already had (adding sleeves and a pointy hat) and I made Rob's.
It was a bit of a sad time too as we had to say goodbye to Paula and John. Saying goodbye to friends and neighbours is an inevitable and all-too-regular part of military life - and this goodbye was tinged with envy that John and Paula are heading back to live in lovely snowy Edinburgh!
They'll be much missed here, but I know they'll enjoy their new life back in Scotland - and I'm sure we'll meet again!