I regaled Rob with these facts from the extremepumpkins website, but he was still unconvinced.
Pumpkin Seed Eating Facts:
1. Some types of pumpkin seeds have less husk than others.
2. You can eat the whole seed, husk and all. Don’t worry.
3. 50 grams of seeds has 5 grams of dietary fiber. That will keep you regular.
4. Pumpkin seeds are also said to be good for Gout, Prostate Health and are supposedly an aphrodesiac.
5. Both German and Bulgarian folk medicines say that eating pumpkin seeds prevents impotence.
6. Roasted pumpkin seeds will keep for about a week in the fridge.
Domestic-goddess-like I also whipped up a quick pumpkin soup using some pumpkin flesh, some stock and the rest of the tin of pumpkin. It's in the saucepan in the picture behind, but as it's just orange gloop it doesn't really warrant its own photo. It tastes nice though, and feels virtuously healthy as it contains no fat. I'll put extra butter on the toast that I eat with it to make up for that.