I haven't written anything on my blog for waaaay too long. I've been away on a few short trips over the last month, part of our 'staycation' here in England, and had a great time. However, I have also been doing some foraging and some cooking so have several things lined up to blog about.
In my absence Sarah from Sarah Cooks has presented me with the Kreativ Blogger award, which was a very lovely surprise! Do pop over and visit Sarah's blog - her restaurant reviews make me yearn to live in Melbourne! I first 'met' Sarah online via her amazing project to cook every recipe from Nigella Lawson's first book How to Eat in one year... a project which she completed in style, and in the process created a fantastic online resource which I find myself returning to every time I cook a recipe from this book. I love How to Eat, but have always wished it had pictures. Well, now Sarah Discovers How to Eat has rectified that problem. Sarah, you're a legend!
As part of this award I have to list 7 things about myself that people might find interesting. Of course it's perfectly possible that you won't find them interesting at all but never mind. Here goes...
1. I am unhealthily obsessed with correct spelling and punctuation. I shudder at the sight of a misplaced apostrophe. I am managing to cope with the spelling of 'kreativ' simply because I've checked online and it's the German translation of 'creative' so that's OK. Of course admitting this obsession of mine leaves me wide open to criticism as I'm quite sure that there are a few cases of incorrect spelling and punctuation in this blog, but no one's perfect!
2. I always write grammatically correct text messages. I can't bring myself to shorten words to single letters or numbers... I h8 txt spk!
3. I am about to start my 12th year of primary school teaching. That makes me feel old. However, it does allow me to indulge in my passion for spelling and punctuation.
4. I love to read. I keep a 'book book' which is a notebook where I list the books that I read. I have read nearly 70 books in the last 12 months.
5. I am a Cathedral-Spotter and would love to visit all the cathedrals in England. I went to Guildford last week, which was another one ticked off my list.
6. I play the piano very badly. In fact I can only play a few primary school hymns, which can prove useful on occasion.
7. I have just bought a CD of Jamiroquai singles and have rediscovered my love for Jay Kay. He lives down the road from me. I might become his stalker...
I hope you've all had a lovely Summer (or Winter of course, if you're 'down under'!). It's good to be back.